It is the use of an infra red camera to identify moisture or overheating issues in your house or building. With this technology our inspectors can go way beyond a normal inspection.
Many times visual inspections will not uncover issues beneath the surface. However any one can purchase an I.R. camera (although they are very expensive), so make sure the inspector is certified on its use and interpretation.
Our trained inspectors can many times identify areas where mold intrusion may occur, heat loss do to inadequate insulation, cooling condensers, pool motors that are ready to fail due to excess wear and overheated outlets or electrical panels that could cause a fire.